Cider House grilled cheese
Stacy Nelson-Heising was a professional chef before operating her own orchard, cidery, and restaurant on her family’s fourthgeneration farm near Ayr, about 20 miles northeast of Tower City. These apple-forward recipes are perfect for winter and trust us, Stacy’s apple cranberry crisp belongs on your table!
Recipes by Stacy Nelson-Heising, Cottonwood Farm and Cider House
- 2 Slices crusty bread, like sourdough
- 3-4 Slices Black Forest ham
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple butter
- ½ Cup grated sharp cheddar cheese or sliced cheese
- ¼ Thinly sliced apple
- Softened butter
- Warm pan.
- Butter two slices of bread.
- In between the nonbuttered sides of the bread, layer apple butter, Dijon mustard, apple slices, cheese, and ham. Don’t be stingy with
- Grill until the cheese is melted and both sides are toasted.